For years, Accel has relied on Blue Yonder’s warehouse management solution to streamline processes in its distribution centers (DCs), resulting in cost reductions, productivity growth and superior customer service. Recently Accel chose to migrate its Blue Yonder solution to the cloud, to improve its speed and agility in the face of increasing demand volatility.
Business challenge: For years, Accel has relied on Blue Yonder’s warehouse management solution to streamline processes in its distribution centers, resulting in cost reductions, productivity growth and superior customer service. Recently, market demand for logistics has skyrocketed — but the unpredictability of that demand has also grown.
The Blue Yonder solution: To improve its speed and agility in the face of increasing demand volatility, Accel chose to migrate its Blue Yonder solution to the cloud. Blue Yonder partnered with Netlogistik on the cloud migration.
1. Significant improvements in speed and accuracy, via digitization: “Accel partnered with Blue Yonder and Netlogistik to digitally transform our 19 warehouses, including voice controls and real-time product tracking, which significantly improved the speed and accuracy of our daily operations. This drives better customer service and value, which is critical to our success in the highly competitive third-party logistics marketplace.”
2. A seamless upgrade to the cloud, with support from Netlogistik: “Achieving a true digital transformation meant migrating our existing Blue Yonder warehouse management solution to the Microsoft Azure cloud platform. With support from Netlogistik, this transition occurred seamlessly, with no disruption to our daily operations across our distribution centers.”
3. Increased automation drives service and cost improvements: “Blue Yonder warehouse management features artificial intelligence that exceeds the abilities of manual processes. The solution can ingest data, apply advanced analytics and autonomously make optimal decisions that balance customer service with cost control.”
- Backed by Blue Yonder’s warehouse management solution, Accel can increase its real-time visibility and control. As a result, the company can quickly adapt to disruptions and optimize tasks to meet customer expectations.
- Artificial intelligence engines in Blue Yonder warehouse management consider real-time data across the extended supply chain, then autonomously create a strategic response that maximizes both cost and service outcomes.
- Blue Yonder’s cloud delivery model, hosted on Microsoft Azure and implemented with support from Netlogistik, allows Accel to scale on demand, deliver faster, reduce its total cost of ownership and upgrade software seamlessly.
- 35% increase in warehouse productivity
- Real-time inventory visibility and product tracking
- Intelligent, autonomous decision making
- Improved speed and agility against demand volatility
“One of Accel’s main strategic challenges is having full visibility and control of our warehouse operations and inventory, which allows us to maximize our speed and responsiveness. Blue Yonder’s warehouse management capabilities, integrated with mobile voice technologies, have eliminated many manual processes, created real-time connectivity and increased warehouse productivity by 35%.” — Manuel Vazquez Caro, Systems Development Manager Accel Logistics is a leader in the Mexican logistics market, offering inventory management, packaging, distribution and transportation services.
*Source: Blue Yonder